Monday, December 7, 2015

Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry

Chinese food and I have a love hate relationship. I love to eat it, but I always seem to fail when I try to make it. I expect the amazing taste that I get when going out for chinese, but it is never as good. Recently I have become better after my many failures.

Chicken and broccoli has always been the hardest for me to get right. It never tastes like I think that it should. Well, tonight I decided to give it another shot just by winging it and I got it almost spot on! It tasted amazing. Give it a try and let me know what you think and any ideas on how I could improve it! :)

Ingredients:

1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Sliced Against The Grain Into Bite Size Pieces
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Tablespoon Ginger
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
1 Tablespoon, Plus 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
1 ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt And Ground Pepper
1 Tablespoon Sherry
1 Tablespoon Dark Sesame Oil
½ Cup Chicken Broth, May Need More
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
5 Cups Broccoli Florets

Directions:

Toss the chicken with half the garlic and ginger, all of the soy sauce and sugar, 1 teaspoon of the cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and all of the sherry and sesame oil in a bowl. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes. Mix the remaining cornstarch with the ½ cup broth.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and heat. Add the broccoli florets and the remaining garlic, ginger, 3 tablespoons of water, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper, to taste. Stir-fry until the broccoli is bright green but still crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.

Get the skillet hot again, and heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry until the chicken loses its raw color and gets a little brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Return the broccoli to the pan and toss to heat through. Stir in the reserved cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil to thicken. Add more chicken broth if the sauce needs to be thinned. Taste and season with salt and pepper.

Mound the stir-fry on a serving platter or divide among 4 plates and serve with rice.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment