Thursday, December 3, 2015

Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer

Before I do anything I need to start my morning with coffee. It is a must! It isn't so much the caffeine that I like it is just the warmth and the taste. Drinking coffee in the morning is my time to just relax and read or think about my day and what I need to accomplish.

I use to put coffee creamers into my coffee. Until I became aware of all the bad things that were in the creamer and what it was doing to my body. It's going to be a sad day for people who are in love with coffee creamer. I'm sorry. Just want to bring the truth to light! It was really disturbing to me the amount of bad ingredients in the coffee creamer. Here is a list of just SOME of the bad ingredients included in our beloved coffee creamer.

Processed Sugar
The processed sugar that is found in coffee creamer or simple sugars can aggravate asthma, move mood swings, provoke personality changes, muster mental illness, nourish nervous disorders, deliver diabetes, hurry heart disease, grow gallstones, hasten hypertension, and add arthritis.
The reason being that they lack sugars lack minerals and vitamins, they must draw upon the body's micro-nutrient stores in order to be metabolized into the system.

Vegetable Oil
Ever notice that on the back of coffee creamers it says 0 cholesterol? That is because they hide it using other ingredients. Usually the 2nd ingredient listed is an ingredient that has been proven to raise cholesterol levels in the body.The consequences include increased occurrence of heart disease, weakened immune system, cancer atherosclerosis, diabetes and obesity.

Corn Syrup Solids
Corn syrup solids are made up of 88% glucose. Yuck. This ingredient will ultimately cause diabetes .

Dipotassium Phosphate
This product is used to reduce the acidity that coffee has. Dipotassium Phosphate can cause many side effects. Here are a few pneumonia, asthenia and renal failure.

Mono and Diglycerides
Creamer companies use these two for the whitening effect and artificial creamy flavor. Is a fatty acid. Is not a natural constituent of diet and it is used to prolong shelf life. Really scary fact these ingredients are  also found in some pesticides.

Sodium Aluminosilicate
Sodium aluminosilicate or aluminum calcium silicate are added to table salt to neutralize stomach acid. If this form of aluminum combines with maltol, a sugar-like flavoring agent, the resulting aluminum compound is able to get through the blood-brain barrier 90 times as well. The side effects are toxicity, liver disease, renal failure.

So after breaking up with store bought coffee creamers I started a mission to make the most delicious coffee creamers to enjoy in my coffee every morning. This is my most recent creation.

Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer

Ingredients:
-1 can lite coconut milk
-1 Tbsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp coconut sugar

Just mix all the ingredients together in a mason jar or any container and mix well. If you like chocolate you can add a little bit of cocoa powder to the creamer. It makes it extra delicious.

This is my handy little dressing container but I put it to work this morning.

This would be a great recipe for people that can't tolerate dairy. I love dairy but I had a can of coconut milk I needed to use. 

Coconuts have so many healthy benefits! Coconuts are highly nutritious and rich in fibre, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
Start your morning off better with real food instead of processed foods that your body doesn't know what to do with. Just a little change like not using store bought coffee creamers can make a huge difference in your health!

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment