Monday, December 21, 2015

Happy Holidays - Tips to Staying Healthy Over The Holidays

Happy Holidays!! I can't believe that the holidays are right around the corner. The holidays are a time to see family and friends and get together to have a great time. During this busy time everyone could use some tips for how to stay healthy with the travel and tasty treats and just being busy.Here are some tips to help you stay on track with your healthy lifestyle over the holidays. 
Been Aware and Fair to Your Body

Over the holidays a lot of people just go all out and don't even realize what they are doing to their bodies. Yes, I know it is a time to enjoy and there are lots of tempting treats to help you enjoy it.

Most of us can get away with some treats or indiscretions to our usual eating habits. Going all out through can make your body suffer with consequences such as you getting sick. Know your body and find a balance.
Deepen Your Connection With Loved Ones Not Food

During the holidays it is a time to enjoy and be with family and friends. When you give your body emotional nurturance you feel satisfaction. This will allow less emotional eating and avoid the excesses of the holidays. Get your family involved. Show your love for each other by taking care of each other.Give it a try and your body will thank you.
Get Creative Over The Holidays

Instead of just eating bad food and sitting around over the holidays do new things to improve your health. Try new healthy foods or treat yourself to a massage. November is a great time to clean out the fridge and cabinets and get rid of all the unhealthy food and fill them food to nurse your body. Start the new year off right! 
Maintain Your Cornerstones Of Your Health

Make sure that you are eating a good diet, getting regular exercise, getting adequate sleep, and minimal stress. Know your body and what works for you.

Here is what works for me :

Not eating too late in the day. We eat dinner at 4:30pm and then usually don’t eat again.

Drink plenty of good water. I drink at least 62oz of water per day.

Exercise regularly and stretch. I get about 1 hour of exercise per day & 10 minutes at least of stretching.

Eat slowly. It takes me about thirty minutes to eat dinner. I chew my food super good so my body can digest it right.

Sleep enough. I slept at least eight hours a night sometimes more.

This is what my body needs to run the way it is suppose to. Listen to your body. It will tell you what it wants and needs.
Exercise Is Crucial

Just because it is cold outside doesn't mean that you can't find exercises that you can do inside.Pick up a new workout dvd and do your workout at home. I love Jillian Michaels workout DVD’S. They are great for when I don’t want to leave the house to go to the gym. There is something great about being able to workout at home. It is my favorite!  Get at least 
30 minutes a day of moderate-intense aerobic exercise you set your body up for optimal health.
Enjoy Safe Travels By Preparing
Avoid dehydration and eat well. I pack healthy snacks and bring my favorite water bottle when we travel anywhere. This way I can eat my healthy choice instead of junk and I can just fill my water bottle up when I need. Always take a few key supplements such as vitamin C before you travel. This will help boost your immune system. Also bring hand sanitizer and watch what you touch. There are a lot of germs!

Take care of yourself, you are worth it!

Enjoy the Holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment