Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Healthier Hot Chocolate

It is the time of year again. It has been chilly and rainy the past couple days here is Belgium. I was really craving some hot cocoa tonight while snuggled up on the couch with my dog Sancho. We leave for vacation in less than a month, so I did not want to blow my diet. I decided to make my own healthy version. It turned out amazing so I wanted to share the goodness!

Ingredients:
10 oz Flax Milk Or Any Kind Of Milk
1 Tbsp Cocoa
1/2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar

Directions:
-Whisk the cocoa and coconut sugar with a splash of the flax milk until combined.
-Once combined add the rest of the flax milk and mix again.
-Microwave for about 3 minutes or until the temperature you like.
-Now snuggle up with a good book and enjoy!
Have you ever tried coconut sugar? It has so many health benefits and tastes great. It tastes like brown sugar. My favorite thing about coconut sugar is that it is a REAL food. It is from coconut trees. Nothing processed, artificial and no chemicals. It also offers low glycemic and fructose levels. It offers a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. So, it's kind of no brainer huh? You can use coconut sugar as a substitute for brown and white sugar!

Enjoy and Stay Warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment