Monday, August 8, 2016

Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups

Cookie dough is by far one of my favorite treats in the whole world besides puppy chow! One food that I do not like are beans. I have been making myself eat black beans when we have Mexican on Tuesdays and I have been getting use to them. ;) So, when I saw the idea today to use chickpeas to make cookie dough I just had to try it. 

I honestly try a lot of healthy homemade treats...and a lot of them are a giant failures. Last week I made a protein brownie and it smelled amazing but when I had my first bite it was awful..So I am always cautious when trying my new food inventions but always hopeful! 

So, when I tried this recipe I wasn't expecting much and assumed it would gross me out with the chickpeas. Well I presently surprised and they turned out AMAZING!!! You cannot taste the chickpeas at all. 

This is a healthy treat you need to try! :) 

Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups

Ingredients: 

1 can Chickpeas
2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats 
1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
1/8 Tsp Baking Soda 
1 Cup Melted Dark Chocolate Chips 
Optional: Mini Dark Chocolate Chips For Cookie Dough 

Instructions:

Line a mini muffin pan with sixteen mini cupcake liners.

To make the cookie dough start by draining and rinsing beans beans extremely well, and pat dry.

Put all of the ingredients except the chocolate and mini chocolate chips in a strong food processor until completely smooth. Stir in a handful of mini chocolate chips if desired. 

Melt the chocolate. Add about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate to the bottoms of mini cupcake liners. 

Freeze for about 5 minutes to set.

Next add 1-2 teaspoons of the cookie dough on top of the hardened chocolate.  

Top with 1-2 teaspoons more of the melted chocolate and immediately freeze till hardened. I froze mine for about thirty minutes.  

Store in the fridge. 

Enjoy! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment